Set up email on Outlook (Mac OS X) Updated on 20-October-2016 at 10:16 AM. Business Catalyst End of life announcement - find out more details. This guide explains how to configure your Outlook 2016 for Mac, running on Apple OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.
Microsoft Outlook for Mac Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook 2011 Mac Using IMAP To set up your Outlook client to work with Gmail: • Enable IMAP in Gmail • Sign in to Gmail. • Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Gmail settings at the top of any Gmail page. • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP • Select Enable IMAP.
• Configure your IMAP client and click Save Changes. • Open Microsoft Office Outlook 2011. If you have just installed Outlook 2011 it will show in your Dock.
• If you see a Welcome to Outlook screen, click Add Account. Otherwise click Tools > Accounts > Add Accountfrom the Apple Menu bar. • Click E-mail Account. • Now we need to manually enter in our settings similar to the following.
• Enter your email address, password and user name. • Select IMAP for type • Incoming server: imap.gmail.com / Either 993 (ssl) or 143 (very infrequently 585 (ssl)) • Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com / Either 25 or 465 (ssl) (very infrequently 2525) • Click Add Account • Click More Options. • Use Incoming server info for Authentication • Click OK If you've entered everything in correctly, task will be completed successfully and you can close out of the window and begin using your account via Outlook 2011 mac. Import your old POP account into the newly created IMAP account If you currently keep a copy of your mail on the server, then you're done! But if you delete them from the server, then you have to import your old POP mail into your IMAP. Here's how to do it • Click the Tools tab • Click Import • Click Outlook Data File (.pst or.olm), and then click the right arrow to continue.
• Select (.pst) or (.olm) • Browse, your backup (.pst) or (.olm) file to import • Done • Now you can check your back up data on outlook • And the very important thing is you have to disable your old POP account from the Outlook, Otherwise they will continue to receive email in the old POP account. • Go to Account settings • Delete your old pop account Setting up your Sent folder properly • From the Accounts window, select Advanced. • Click Folders. • From the Sent drop-down, select Sent Mail (Server).
Couple of days ago, we got the following question: I found online several guides that explain how to add GMail to Microsoft Outlook on Windows 7 and 10. None of them were targeted at MAC. I just bought a Macbook air with the High Sierra operating system installed, and need some configuration help for GMail for Outlook. Specifically i am looking for the pop or IMAP settings that I’ll need to use in order to connect to the GMail account from the MAC. Thanks for the question.
As many things in Apple land, setting up GMail is relatively a breeze. Read on for the complete details, details for MAC OSX versions prior to High Sierra are similar. The procedure is equally valid for Office 365, as well as the standard Office 2016 and 2019 packages.
Configuring Gmail on Outlook for MAC Note: If this is the first time you are setting up email in your MAC, you’ll initially be prompted to select an email provider, be it Exchange, ICloud, Yahoo or GMail. After making your selection skip to step 5 below.
Kindly proceed as following. • Open Microsoft Outlook for MAC. • From your header, go ahead and hit on the Outlook menu item. • Hit on Preferences.
• Under Personal Settings select Accounts. (Alternatively hit Tools and then Accounts). • Hit the + button in the bottom-left side of the dialog and select New Account or if prompted, hit the Add email account button. • Enter your GMail address. If there is no matching account, you’ll be prompted and asked to manually pick the email provider. • Enter your Google password and hit Next. Hit the Forgot password in order to recover it.
• Now, hit the Sign in to Google button. • Your browser will open and the following screen will appear. • Hit Allow to access and modify your Google information, manage your Drive files, contacts and calendar. • In the Launch Application dialog, hit Open Link. • GMail will get automatically configured in Outlook. Depending of your internet connection and mailbox size, the process will take up to 5 minutes to complete. • Hit Done • Your GMail inbox will be setup in Outlook and visible in the left hand pane.
We were running Mac OS X Lion and the latest version of Office and had problems with Excel being horribly slow as well. I did some testing and noticed that when I turned off Suitcase Font Management that Excel ran fine. Why is excel for mac so slow sierra. This occurs on a Mac with macOS High Sierra beta and Excel 2016 for Mac Insider's Fast update. This should be resolved when the next Insider's Fast update is released. As a workaround, you can uninstall the Excel 2016 for Mac Insider Fast version and install the production version of Excel on your Mac. Excel slow - Mac Sierra excel is running really slow on MacBook Pro running Sierra. It is unworkable. Any help to solve? This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. I have the same question (49). I have Office 365 Excel 16.10 running on High Sierra (10.13.3). Copying takes several seconds, sometimes cell comments are not viewable at all & often my previously working Hyperlinks to other files in the same folder don't work.