To delete a category or a subcategory • From the Quicken Tools menu, choose Category List. • Right-click the category or subcategory you want to delete, and then click the Delete. • If you are deleting a category, click OK to the message. • If you are deleting a subcategory: • Click Yes if you want to merge the subcategory with the parent category. • Click No if you want to delete the subcategory without merging. Note: If you delete a category that is associated with transactions, the categories will be removed from those specific transactions and they will now show as uncategorized. Before you delete the category, Quicken will allow you to recategorize the transactions.
A TRANSFER CATEGORY is a special category that is really an account, and is designated by a hard bracket around the account name on the Category List. You cannot delete a Transfer Category, without deleting the account. Other Category Actions About editing, changing, or deleting a category or subcategory. You can rename a category at any time; Quicken updates the name on the associated transactions for you. If you decide you no longer need a category, you can delete it. What about the transactions associated with the category you want to delete? Transfer their category assignment by either: • with another category that you do want.
• Recategorizing them (Quicken automatically presents this option when you delete a category with assigned transactions). To change the name, properties, or tax line item association of a category.
• Choose Tools menu > Category List. • Right-click the category or subcategory you want to change • Choose Edit.
• As necessary make changes to the name or description, or to the category's designation as income, expense, subcategory, or discretionary spending. • If you want to change a category so that it tracks tax-related transactions, select the Tax-related check box.
• Click the Add button (+) to add an account. • Select Exchange from the list of account types, then click Continue. You can add as many Exchange (EWS) accounts as you want. • From the Mail menu, choose Preferences, then click Accounts. Office 365 for mac free.
In the Tax line item list, select the tax schedule line item that you want to associate with your category. • Click OK to save the change.
Feb 01, 2018 How to bulk change the Category for a group of transactions Quicken mac 2017 Helpful? Change the category of all non-split transactions to something else. You can edit the payee, the category/subcategory, the tags and the memo. This is called bulk editing. I've been researching Quicken alternatives for Mac recently and been curious about Banktivity and a few others that don't require you to store everything in the cloud or lock your data into a.
To demote a category to a subcategory. • Choose Tools menu > Category List. • Right-click the category or subcategory you want to change. • Choose Edit. • Click Subcategory of.
• In the Subcategory of list, select the name of the main category that you want to assign your new subcategory to. • Click OK to save the change. How will I know if this worked?
All transactions that use this category now show the original category as a subcategory of the category you selected. In the register, Quicken inserts a colon (:) between the two category names to indicate that the second category (the one you demoted) is now a subcategory of the first. For example, if you demote a category called Internet Service to a subcategory of Computer, the register displays the category for any associated transactions as Computer:Internet Service. To promote a subcategory to a category.
• Choose Tools menu > Category List. • Right-click the category or subcategory you want to change.
• Choose Edit. • Select Income or Expense instead of Subcategory of. • Click OK to save the change. What happens now?
When you promote a category in this way, Quicken changes the category in all transactions that were associated with the old subcategory. For example, transactions using the subcategory Computer:Internet Service would now use the category Internet Service, once you promote the subcategory.
To move a subcategory to a different category. • Choose Tools menu > Category List. • Right-click the category or subcategory you want to change. • Choose Edit. • In the Subcategory of list, select the name of the category to which you want to assign the selected subcategory.
• Click OK to save the change. What happens now? Quicken changes the category in each of the transactions that you had categorized with the subcategory. Note: Certain categories (for example, investment categories that begin with the underscore character) are permanently used by Quicken and so can't be deleted. Mac os high sierra wiki. About changing category types. A category type (such as Personal Income or Personal Expenses) depends on its designation as income or expense as well as its tax line assignment. You have a limited ability to change category types.